North Carolina Spirits Association, a non-profit organization advocating for the responsible growth of North Carolina’s beverage alcohol industry, named Mark Mullins of Social House Vodka as its new president. Mullins will lead the association in its mission to unite brokers, suppliers and retailers to speak as one voice on behalf of the spirits industry.
“Mark’s background serves as an excellent foundation to represent all stakeholders in the distilled spirits industry while growing the community of support throughout North Carolina,” said Rick Statler, chairman of board of directors, NC Spirits Association.
Mullins is co-founder and senior vice president of sales and marketing at Social House Vodka. With more than a decade of experience in the beverage alcohol business in a variety of roles, Mullins’ knowledge and leadership capabilities set him apart as one of the leading executives in the spirits industry. Prior to Social House Vodka, Mullins served as vice president, general manager of North American Spirits and Wine Brokers of NC, AL, and MS.
“The NC Spirits Association brings together some of the strongest advocates and resources in the industry, and I embrace the opportunity to grow the market for NC spirits through education, advocacy and regulatory influence,” said Mullins.
The NC Spirits Association elected a full slate of talented representatives to join Mullins for the next two years; the full board of directors and officers is as follows:
2017-2018 NORTH CAROLINA SPIRITS ASSOCIATION OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
• PRESIDENT: Mark Mullins, Social House Vodka
• VICE PRESIDENT: David Spisak, Proximo
• SECRETARY/TREASURER: Meredith McCormack, Beam Global/Suntory
• SARGENT AT ARMS: Keith Woolery, Brown Forman
• CHAIRMAN OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Rick Statler, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
• PAST PRESIDENT: Paul Criscoulo
• ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Marylin Diaz, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
• ADMINISTRATOR: Bill Hester
Contact: Jennifer Caro