Deloitte just released its 2019 Technology Fast 500 rankings for the fastest growing technology companies in North America. For the second year in a row, North Carolina has nine companies on the list -- five based in Charlotte and the other four in the Triangle and Triad.
The NC rankings are listed below:
26. Pendo.io, Raleigh
56. vTv Therapeutics Inc., High Point
66. Phononic, Inc., Durham
214. Passport Labs, Inc., Charlotte
303. SQLSentry, LLC, Charlotte
387. Lender Performance Group, LLC, Charlotte
396: Tresata, Inc., Charlotte
417: InMotion Now, Inc., Morrisville
483: AvidXchange, Charlotte
Here are some highlights from the rankings that I find of interest:
• Seven of the nine NC companies made their debut this year. Even more impressive: all three of the Triangle-based companies are making their debut on the list in the Top 100.
o The three-year revenue growth for these companies ranged from 1,934% to 4,304%.
• North Carolina’s highest-ranking company — Pendo.io — is the only one with a female CFO: Jennifer Kaelin.
• Out of the nine NC-based companies, seven are in the software sector. The other two are biotech/pharm and semiconductor.
“North Carolina performed well on this year’s rankings, with three companies in the top 100 and another five on the list,” said John Giannuzzi, Carolinas Managing Partner for Deloitte. “That’s a great banner for our state and its emerging tech and biotech/pharma sectors.”
Although the total number of NC-based companies did not change from 2018, seven were new to this year’s list – reflecting how dynamic the state’s tech sector has become.
“We’re fortunate to have natural assets that are helping these sectors thrive, such as strong presence of higher education, cooperative business climates and geographies and cultures that are attractive to a diverse workforce,” said Giannuzzi. “It will be key for policymakers and business leaders to continue maximizing these ingredients in a way that feeds these sectors and diversifies and fuels the economy statewide.”
Contact: Alicia Broughton